What’s the Best Hands-Free Kitchen Faucet ?
In this era,I hope you are looking for a change and going to buy something other than the traditional kitchen faucets.Choosing a touchless kitchen faucet is really a good option if you want a change and it is worth the money and it is AWESOME! . Getting the best touchless kitchen faucet is really a challenge.You must look into lots of things.
Before you buy,you must understand everything about touchless kitchen faucets.Here I have prepared a comparison chart for making a quick shopping decision.
Touchless Faucets Comparison Chart
|Moen 7594E||4.5||$$||Check Price|
|Moen 7185E||4.5||$$$||Read Review|
|Moen Hayesfield||3.5||$$||Check Price|
|Kohler Sensate K-72218||4||$$$$||Check Price|
What is a Touchless Kitchen Faucet?
A touchless kitchen faucet ( also know as hands-free faucet,electronic faucet,automatic faucet) is a faucet which responds to our tasks automatically by the help of motion sensing mechanism.Motion sensors are fitted on the faucet that detects our hands and completes our task automatically.The water flows as the valve mechanism automatically opens by sensing the presence of our hands using the motion sensors.The valve shuts as soon as the hand is moved away from the sensor.The biggest advantage of using a touchless kitchen faucet is that it reduces water consumption.These kind of faucets are largely put up in public washrooms and in kitchens.
These kind of hands-free or touchless faucets are developed in the 1950s but none of them were produced for commercial purposes and it came into markets in the late 1980s.
The touchless kitchen faucets are now widely used in private residencies all over the world.Personally speaking , I use a touchless faucet in my home.
Here is a video of the top rated and the best touchless faucet Moen 7594E .
Advantages of a Touchless Kitchen Faucet
- Saves Water ! : The biggest advantage of using a touchless faucet is that it saves a lot of water.These hands-free faucets helps in saving over 70% water which would otherwise become unused as it simply swirl down the drain.
- Assists handicapped or elderly people : These automatic faucets have assistive qualities as it helps the elderly people in our home to have a comfortable and easy use of the kitchen faucet.It can be widely seen in homes where handicapped or elderly people lives.It makes a lot of easier for them to wash.
- Inhibits Spreading of Germs : Since this is touchless faucet,the spread of germs are inhibited which may otherwise would spread through the faucet handles as different people are using it.
How do I find the Best Touchless Kitchen Faucet for me ?
Before you buy a touchless kitchen faucet,there are a number of factors you should consider,
- Buy from a reputed brand like Delta,Moen,Kraus,Danze etc. Check for the technology that each brand uses in their touchless faucets.Choose the brand based on the best technology.Currently the Moen faucets powered by the MotionSense technology are really performing well and have lots of positive customer reviews.
- Ease of Installation : Make sure the faucet is easy to install without adding any extra cost to the installation part.Already the faucet is expensive and if you still need assistance from a plumber,go for it.It’s better to spend some bucks rather than ruining the faucet due to improper installation.
- Battery Life : The touchless faucets are operated by batteries.It’s better to buy faucets with good battery life so that you can have a longer use.Do no buy cheap touchless faucets with cheap quality batteries.Go for the one whose battery life is at least 20+ hours.
P.S. If your battery fails, it works like a normal faucet.So don’t worry ! (in case of most of the branded touchless faucets )
- Price : Of course , the price is a crucial factor that makes one decide whether to buy or not . Touchless faucets are comparatively high priced . In my view it is worth the money ! What I can tell you is that compare lots of touchless faucets and then make the right decision. It’s better not to compromise on quality than on features as quality will help you in the long run.
- Warranty & Service : Make sure the product have proper warranty.Usually the products have 5 years warranty on digital parts. In most of the cases ,reputed brands usually provide replacement parts completely free if the product is under warranty.It is very important to make sure the brand’s after sale services.
Top 3 Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews
1. Moen 7594ESRS Arbor Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
I am really satisfied with the performance of the sensors.It really senses well all the time.You save a lot of water while washing! Mine was a chrome finish faucet and it was looking great.
You need to note that it’s kinda difficult to adjust the water flow generated by the sensors as it will dispense either full flow or no flow. This is not a negative point but still you must be aware about it.
The installation is little more complicated as compared to normal faucets.You need to mount the control box and also need to add a few more hoses.Hold the faucet carefully while installing as there is nothing that holds the faucet till the nut is tightened.The faucet handle can be fitted only on the right side.
Overall this is great performing faucet.I do really trust the Moen brand and I am in total love with the sensors.Highly recommended Moen touchless kitchen faucet.
2 . Moen 7185ESRS Brantford Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
This faucet really impresses everyone.There are only few customer reviews in amazon but still this faucet is freaking awesome.I installed this faucet 2 weeks before and till now I haven’t touched the valve ! The sensors works perfectly making our tasks easier and saving more water.The installation part is not very difficult.A layman can install this faucet without much difficulties.Most of the connection are push in place.So it makes the installation more easy.
For this product buying an AC adapter is recommended for using AC instead of a battery to operated the faucet.
3. Kohler Sensate K -72218-VS Kitchen Faucet
I have read lots of reviews before buying the Kohler Sensate touchless faucet.This faucet is working well in every aspect.The pull out spray retracts back to its normal position automatically via magnetic force.I have used several pull out faucets and this is by far one of the best in its functionality.It has an awesome twin spray.
If your sink doesn’t have enough holes , you can buy a base plate separately for installing the faucet.
There are proper guides included with the faucet ,so the installation is comparatively easy.The faucet comes with small electronics box and a transformer.They are mounted under the sink in order to make the sensors work.
My sink is of stainless steel finish and it matches well with the VS finish.The spray switches are easy to toggle and it stays at the same pattern you had set once it is turned off.I am not a great Kohler fan but still I can promise you that this faucet is worth the money.