Selecting the best kitchen faucet brands is an essential task before shopping for your faucet. Hence, I thought of writing my views on different kitchen faucets brands for the year 2018 which manufacture high-end faucets for demanding consumers.
How to Pick the Best Kitchen Faucets & Kitchen Faucet Reviews
When you buy a kitchen faucet you want to make sure that you purchase it from a top reputable brand. A good faucet brand is the one that offers the best after-sales services and proper warranties and also great faucets.
Apart from the brand, there are other factors that you also need to consider when picking out a kitchen faucet. These things are more on the technical side, so take your time to familiarize them.
Our Favorite Kitchen Faucets
When we talk about a faucet’s quality, its construction usually comes to mind almost immediately. This may involve the actual materials used to make the faucet or the quality of its valves. One must also see to it that a faucet is lead-free to ensure the safety of your water.
Moreover, keep in mind that a faucet’s construction can have a direct effect on the water’s flow rate. This is usually measured in GPM or gallons per minute. Basically, the flow rate helps you determine the amount of water that flows from your faucet into your sink.
There are various types of faucets, and they can be categorized based on their handle. They can either be a single-handled, two-handled, or hands-free type.
- Single Handle: This type of faucet is the most commonly used in households all over the world simply because their operation is relatively more straightforward than the other types. They are easy to install and also don’t take up a lot of space, so they are great for those who want to save up as much space in the kitchen as possible.
- Two Handle: These faucets are best known for their water temperature adjustment features. Although the same can be possible even with a single lever type faucet, they differ mainly in the accuracy of their temperature control. Note that these faucets are quite challenging to install.
- Hands-Free: From the name itself, one can get an idea of how these faucets operate. Instead of the usual hand lever, these faucets feature a motion sensor technology that allows the user to operate them with a simple hand gesture.
Kitchen faucets also come in different finishes that can easily go with any type of kitchen sink. Although, note that some of them can be quite expensive. Learn more about them below.
- Oil-rubbed Bronze: Faucets with an oil-rubbed bronze finish look very traditional and are easy to clean.
- Chrome: For those on a tight budget, go for a kitchen faucet with a chrome finish. These types of faucets are easy to maintain and durable as well.
- Stainless Steel: Durability is one of the main advantages of a stainless steel finish. If you have already have a stainless steel sink, this type of finish is definitely the perfect way to complement that.
- PVD: PVD stands for Physical Vapor Deposition. This type of finish is best known for its ability to prevent your faucet from corroding. However, faucets of such finish cost more.
- Polished Brass: If you want to go for a vintage look, get a faucet with a polished brass finish. Not only does it look good, but it also requires very minimal care.
- Copper: A faucet with a copper finish will be an elegant touch to your kitchen sink. And not to mention the anti-bacterial properties that it brings to your faucet.
A faucet’s sprayer style is another factor that’s worth considering. Some faucets have specific spray head features that make certain tasks a lot easier. Therefore, knowing a faucet’s sprayer style can help you figure out which model suits your needs better.
- Pull-Down: A faucet with a pull-down spray head means that the sprayer is arched downwards or pulled towards the bottom of the sink. While this style is attractive, it does have its own disadvantage. Faucets with such design tend to droop down in the long run. Hence, it is important to pick a pull-down faucet that is equipped with a technology that helps keep it in a place like the MagnaTite Docking System of Delta.
- Pull-Out: Faucets with a pull-out style spray head don’t have that distinct high arch of pull-down faucets. That said, they will not take up a lot of space in your sink area. They also work well even with a smaller sink. However, there are only a few designs to choose from which is quite an issue for some consumers.
- Faucets with Side Sprayer: By the name itself, you can tell that aside a sprayer is a separate tool that sits right next to the actual faucet in your kitchen sink. Hence, the installation requires an extra hole in your sink which may or may not be favorable for some people. Nonetheless, the benefits of a side sprayer are mostly felt when you’re washing the dishes.
Water Filtration System
Sure, you can buy a separate water filter or install a whole house water filtration system. But, buying a faucet that is already equipped with one is also a great idea especially if you don’t have the budget for a whole house filtration system just yet.
There many ways to mount a kitchen faucet. Some of them include the following:
- Deck Mount: These types of faucets are installed directly with the countertop and are typically made with a brass construction, so they are really durable.
- Sink Mount: Sink mount faucets are cheap, easy to install, and the best choice for quick renovations. However, one must take into consideration the holes in the sink before installing this type of faucet.
- Wall Mount: Kitchen faucets that are mounted to the wall may sound really unusual, but they do exist. In fact, some people find them even more stylish and unique. Not to mention, sturdier than the typical sink-mounted or deck-mounted faucets.
Counting the holes in your sink has never been more essential as this will tell you the right type of faucet to choose.
- Single Hole: A single-handle faucet would be the best fit for this type of sink.
- Two Hole: If you want a two-handle faucet, then you must have at least two holes in your sink. The second hole can also be used for a spray handle or soap dispenser.
- Three Hole: If you have three holes in your sink, then you can certainly buy a three-handle faucet to go with it. Typically, one hole is for the main faucet, and the rest are for hot and cold water.
- Four Hole: Traditional kitchens usually have this type of sink mainly because it has a lot of room for additional installations and spaces for a lotion bottle or a soap dispenser.
Get Organized With This FREE Basket
We're giving a Kitchen Sink Tool Organizer away for FREE to all of our subscribers!
Best Rated Kitchen Faucets: Top Kitchen Faucet Brands
In our kitchen faucet reviews, the best Faucets include Delta which is a well known and the most reputed brand in the kitchen faucets industry. They make faucets with their own perfection and technologies. They test each faucet by turning it off and on 500,000 times to ensure leak-proof for years. Over hundred faucet inspections are done by hands to ensure quality. They also provide a Limited Lifetime warranty.
Our Favorite Delta Kitchen Faucets
|Delta Faucet Pull Down Leland Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer, Kitchen Sink Faucet,...||Check Price|
|Delta Faucet Addison Single-Handle Touch Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer, Soap...||Check Price|
The Exclusive Delta features are
- Touch20 Technology: This is Delta’s touch technology. Now you can turn ON or OFF with a single touch.
- Diamond Valve: The faucet interiors are lined using diamond sealing and the valves are more strengthened which extends the lifetime of the faucets.
- Magna Tite Docking System: The MagnaTite Docking System is an exclusive Delta technology. Using the MagnaTite docking, the pull-out or pull-down faucet spray wands swings back to their positions the instant they are docked with magnets in place.
- Water Efficient
Moen, one of the best-rated kitchen faucets on the market, is a brand that sets a variety of styles which stands outside the box. Moen Faucets can perfectly balance the water pressure and provides a more unique and great design. All Moen faucets come with Limited Lifetime Warranty against all kinds of leaks, defects in the finish as well as drips.
Our Favorite Moen Kitchen Faucets
|Moen 7594SRS Arbor One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Power Boost and Reflex,...||Check Price|
|Moen 7185SRS Brantford One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Power Boost and...||Check Price|
The Exclusive Moen Features are
- MotionSense: The touch technology developed by Moen. With this technology, you can turn on and off the water flow at the instant you need by just a touch.
- Reflex: With the faucet’s Reflex design, you can pull out or pull down the faucet with its easy-retraction, secure docking, and impressive maneuverability.
- Spot Resist: This technology allows the faucets to resist all kinds of fingerprints and water spots, making your faucet look better.
- Microban: This technology provides 24/7 protection against bacteria attack on the faucet surface.
- WaterSense: A Moen faucet is highly efficient in the sense that it provides less water per second when compared to all other faucets. In this technology, they make use of the precision flow-optimized aerator.
- Pause Buttons: The faucet features a pause button that allows you to pause the flow when necessary while filling pots, cleaning up or even watering plants.
- M-Pact System: This is a relatively new kind of technique wherein you can use any faucet style interchangeably without the need of any additional plumbing through the use of the M-Pact system of standard valves.
Kohler is specialized in manufacturing kitchen faucets, bathroom fittings, engines, power accessories and a lot more. They are in the faucet business from 1911 onwards. The most significant advantage of choosing Kohler is that you get lots of great faucets in any price range and they are some of the best-rated kitchen faucets available on the market.
Our Favorite Kohler Faucets
|KOHLER K-10433-VS Forte Single Control Pull-out Kitchen Sink Faucet, Single Lever Handle,...||Check Price|
|KOHLER K-560-VS Bellera Kitchen Faucet, Vibrant Stainless||Check Price|
Kohler Kitchen Faucets exclusive features are:
- Ceramic Disc Valves: Kohler includes valves made of ceramic in every faucet they manufacture to improve its lifetime and performance. These valves are above standard in this industry. It’s a great feature.
- Temperature Memory: This allows you to turn the faucet at the previously set temperature making your work easier. Kohler’s high-end faucets remember the temperature range previously set.
- Swivel and Rotating Spout: The spout of this faucet can rotate and swivel 360 degrees on any of its faucet design. This allows you to spread the spout anywhere you need as per your requirement.
Kraus kitchen faucetsKraus is a top rated company known for producing great kitchen faucets. Their designs proudly embody endless creativity with quality, styling, excellent craftsmanship.
Our Favorite Kraus Faucets
|Kraus KPF-1612-KSD-30CH Single Lever Pull Down Kitchen Faucet and Soap Dispenser Chrome||Check Price|
|Kraus KPF-1610SS Bolden 18-Inch Commercial Kitchen Faucet with Dual Function Pull-Down...||Check Price|
The Exclusive technologies that Kraus Kitchen Faucets uses are:
- Elegance and Residential: All of Kraus kitchen faucets focus on residential designs with the durability of commercial faucet designs.
- Steel and Bronze Usage: Kraus is one of the very few companies in the faucet industry that makes use of a combination of stainless steel with high-grade bronze finishing. They did this through their cutting-edge technology.
- Lifetime Support: It provides lifetime support to their products. They design very carefully making sure all their faucets can be used for a lifetime with proper functioning.
Grohe kitchen faucetsGrohe Kitchen Faucets are great for their innovations and designs. This is a company that acquired lots of awards for their beautiful faucets. They have a very specialized design process system. They are a leading brand in the faucet manufacturing industry.
Our Favorite Grohe Kitchen Faucets
|Grohe 33759SD0 Zedra Single-Handle Pull-Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet With Dual Spray,...||Check Price|
|Grohe 31492000 Concetto Professional Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet, StarLight Chrome||Check Price|
Grohe Kitchen Faucets are designed with the following features.
- Silk Move and Star Light: Every kitchen faucet from Grohe is guaranteed with a lifetime of no maintenance and great looks.
- Dream Spray: This is a patented technology of Grohe Kitchen Faucets which refines the spray pattern, producing tiny droplets of water. The benefit is that with every faucet you buy from Grohe, the more water you save.
- Grohe Whisper: Grohe uses high-quality materials and long lasting components for faucet manufacturing and sound numbing joints for a noiseless flow of water.
- Grohe Digital: With this feature, you can have effortless control over the faucet with single touches. This is the technology of Grohe which powers its touch kitchen faucets.
- Grohe EcoJoy: Grohe uses this technology in their faucets to improve water efficiency and energy by reducing their consumption. At the same time, they maintain proper convenience and attractive design.
- Grohe Zero: This is an exclusive alloy made by Grohe which is used in all its facets. This improves the resistance to corrosion in Grohe faucets.
Danze kitchen faucetsDanze is a company that is mostly powered by innovation and reputation. This is relatively a young brand as compared to others which produce high-end kitchen faucets. Every Danze kitchen faucet is a masterpiece of their technologies. They do not compromise on quality, styling or design. They have a conservative pricing policy, and great faucets are available at affordable prices.
Our Favorite Danze Kitchen Faucets
|DANZE D401157 Kitchen Faucet, Chrome||Check Price|
|Danze Mid-Town Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet with SnapBack Retraction,Chrome||Check Price|
Here are some features used in Danze Kitchen Faucets:
- Tumbled Bronze Original Finishing: They produce classic designs with modern finishes. This is achieved by incorporating bronze combinations which gives great looks.
- Designer-Friendly: All those Danze faucets are designer-friendly, and they have won the innovation award for 2009 which brings them more consumers for their faucets.
- Danze Parma Collection: Danze has reinvented the conventional kitchen faucets using their Danze Parma Collection. These collections include faucets with luxury designs and cutting-edge technology.
- Oppulence Line: This line comes in five different finishes which is the first kitchen faucet line among its competitors.
Final Review of the Best Kitchen Faucet Brands
Delta ranks at the #1 position of this top-rated kitchen faucet brands list. Delta has a bunch of great faucets which made them achieve this #1 position on my list.
In the end, all these listed faucet brands are great. It is only you who decides which brand should you buy. Everyone has different opinions regarding different brands. I still believe that Delta faucets are better as compared to other faucet brands.