Finding the best pull out kitchen faucet is not an easy task. It all depends on your personal preference and the kind of functionality you need. You need to consider a lot of factors for getting the best pull-out faucet for you.
Pull Out faucets can easily fill small or medium sized pots kept on the counter near the kitchen sink. Many reported that it has less splashing when compared to pull down kitchen faucets .
What is a Pull Out Kitchen Faucet ?
The detachable spray wand angle is different from pull down faucets. Generally, the pull out faucet spray head is attached to a longer hose.
The pull out type faucets become more useful when you want to fill pots or vessels kept on the countertop or rinse off the counter with the help of the spray wand. People with larger hands usually prefer to pull out faucets as the spray head’s body is longer as compared to pull down faucets.
Advantages of a Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
- Hands – Free Pot Filling : As I already said in the beginning, it is much easier to fill pots that sits next to the sink countertop or to rinse off the sink with the spray wand.For this you need to just pull out the faucet head and turn it towards the pot so that it gets filled.You can hook the spray wand into the pot.Such kind of tasks cannot be done easily with pull down type faucets.
- Less Splashing of Water : When compared with pull down kitchen faucets, pull out faucets offers less splashing of water.This is really an advantage as the kitchen and sink looks more cleaner.If the splashes are more, you need to swipe off the water from the sink countertop all the time.
- Low Profile Kitchen Faucet Design : If your faucet has limited space, that it is difficult to install a high arc kitchen faucet, then better choose a pull out faucet as it has a low profile design and consumes less space. Pull out faucet is a low profile kitchen faucet and is also applicable in cases where it has limited height to work with.
- Flexible Control Features :Pull Outs have better control features and they have buttons, sliders or toggle switches for easy control of water and they stays at whatever position you place them until the next time you change it.
- Better Water Pressure : I have heard people saying that pull out faucets have better water pressure than pull down faucets.This is simply because water has to travel more through the high arc spout of pull down thus reducing pressure.
The downside I have seen in Pull Out faucet is that it is difficult to fill a tall pot unless you have a very large sink as it generally got a low arc spout design.
How to Choose the Best Pull Out Kitchen Faucet ?
Finding the best pull out faucet is not an easy task. You need to consider a few important factors before you shop for a pull out faucet. For a very detailed must know factors, refer my Complete Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide .
1. Design and Functionality : Make sure the faucet comes with proper functionality and eye catching design that matches well with your kitchen design. When I say functionality, what really matters is the working of the pull out spray head.Make sure it is flexible and easy to control for the hands free operations.
2 . Number of Holes: It is important to buy a pull out faucet that can properly fit into your existing sink hole.That is a single hole faucet requires one hole and a multi hole faucet requires two or more sinkholes.
3. Sufficient Hose Length : Pull Outs tend to have longer hose lengths which makes it suitable for user friendly operations.It is advisable to choose a pull out faucet with longer hose length for better maneuverability .
4 . Number of Handles : Identify the number of handles you need depending on your preference and needs.
5 . Trustworthy Brand : Choose the most appropriate and trustworthy brand that suits all your needs for a pull out faucet. From my experience, I can say that Delta , Kraus , Kohler ,Danzeand Grohe are the most popular brands. Other brands like Hansgrohe, Price Pfister, LightIntheBox have also got a few good pull out faucets.
6. Price: Do not simply go to the stores and buy the overpriced faucets just thinking that they are the best. It may not be the best. Compare prices of different faucets ( you can refer to the above comparison chart ) and make the right decision. Amazon.com provides huge discounts on all its faucets than any other online shop.
How to Install a Pull Out Kitchen Faucet ?
When it comes to the installation parts many people have lots of doubts.I have attached a video showing how to install a pull out kitchen faucet. Just check it below.
1. Moen One Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
The Moen One is currently the best pull out kitchen faucets available in the market.I selected this faucet as the best pull out kitchen faucet after personally experimenting with all the below listed faucets.
Talking about Moen One Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet,
What I Like
- The faucet is built with 100% heavy solid stainless steel.Therefore the durability is guaranteed.I have got several reports that this faucet has very good durability. You can use it for many years without any problems.
- Very High quality built product and comes in great packing
- The design is the best in the class.Looks very sturdy and elegant and this is how a pull out faucet have to be designed
- This faucet offers high functionality.The spray on both modes are very strong and it got a memory function which puts it on the mode you last used.So once you turn off the faucet in the aerated mode , it remains in the same mode once you turn on the faucet.The faucet has got excellent reach in the sink and .
Moen offers a Limited LifeTime warranty on this product. So you need to worry if complaints occur.
What I don’t Like
- The installation is little tricky.Only pictures are included in the instructions guide. If you can’t do it yourself better go for professional assistance.
The Moen One is a highly valued faucet and one of the top kitchen faucets you can buy today. You can neglect those minor drawbacks of this faucet because of its high quality and functionality. You really get more than what you pay.It is better to spend a few more dollars for a high quality solid metal faucet than choosing a low priced faucet.
I highly recommend this pull out kitchen faucet . Once you start using it, you will find how worthy and great this faucet is.
You can take a look at Amazon to read lots of customer reviews. There are a lot of happy customers for this product.
2. Kraus KPF-1602 Single Lever Faucet
The Kraus KPF – 1602 is a great industrial style pull out kitchen faucet with single lever operation. This faucet is covered by Kraus limited LifeTime warranty. The Kraus after sale service is awesome and they are always happy to help you.
Talking about the Kraus KPF 1602 faucet.
What I Like
- Easy to assembly and install
- No plumber’s putty is needed for the fittings.Instead of that ‘O-rings’ are used for this product
- Solid heavy metal sprayer ( available in either steel or brass ) and not plastic.
- Spring mounted sprayer
- Elegant and Beautiful Commercial style design
- High arc pull out design in order to easily fill tall pots.
What I don’t Like
- While running the hottest water, the metal spray head heats up little.So make sure you don’t touch the faucet head at this time.You can hold on the faucet grip.
- Currently Kraus has updated this faucet.This faucet no longer have the option to use both sprayer and pot filler tap at the same time.
I have already given a detailed review about this faucet in one of my older posts.
Though it has got a few minor downsides, I can say that Kraus KPF -1602 is one of the best pull out industrial style kitchen faucet. This faucet is more than worth its price.
This product is highly recommended if you really want a great looking industrial style pull out faucet. You can read lots of customer reviews on Amazon.
3. Delta 4353-DST Linden
The Delta 4353-DST is a top rated pull out faucet from Delta’s Linden collection.This is a water efficient faucet with a flow rate of 1.5 GPM .
Talking about the design, this pull out faucet is great looking with its low arc spout .The faucet is made of heavy metal but the sprayer head is made of plastic. This is not noticeable until you tap on it. It looks completely metal. This is a faucet that is available under $200 and you cannot expect a metal spray head.
If you want a completely solid faucet you can buy the above mentioned pull out faucet.
I have used this pull out faucet for more than a year, the functionality is really great. No no leaking or complaints till now.I know people using this faucet for many years without any problems. This is a faucet with good durability.
One of my friends reported that this faucet started leaking after a few months. That was a rare case. He got a proper replacement from Delta. The service and warranty from Delta is amazing.
This faucet can be installed with little effort if you know some basic plumbing. The instructions are given properly in the guide.
This pull down Delta faucet comes with a center handle which is good for left and right handers in the same house.
You can read lots of reviews by Amazon customers about this product. Most of them are happy and given a great rating.
The Delta 4353 DST got an overall editor rating of 4.4/5.
The only downside I feel about this faucet is that it got a plastic spray head.
That is not a major issue as the price is very reasonable. All other things are great. You will get more than you pay for.
I have used this faucet for over a year and for sure this is a highly recommended Delta 4353 pulldown faucet.
4. Pfister G133-10 Pfirst Series
The G133-10 from Pfister Pfirst series is a high valued lead free pull out kitchen faucet. The faucet spout has high maneuverability that it easily swivels 360 degrees. This is a great valued product from Pfister.
What I Like
- The faucet can be easily installed if you have some basic plumbing skills
- Sleek and Elegant design
- Ceramic disc valve technology
- High functionality – Pull out handle can easily fill large buckets for cleaning, wash vegetables, spraying around the sink while cleaning it.
- Easily fills large vessels or pots as sufficient space is available below to fit large pots
- Spray button automatically resets after shutting off water
- Impressive pull out retracting mechanism
- Easily pairs with my Pfister Kitchen Air Gap .
What I Don’t Like
- Pull out hose is braided, so it becomes kinked easily on turning sharp corners
- The faucet hose is made of plastic.
The performance of this faucet is really great for this price range. The Pfister G133 – 10 is a worthy faucet that is available at a very cheap price. You can get this faucet below $110. This is the cheapest pull-out faucet with ceramic disc valve technology. What you get is more than what you pay. The drawbacks are minor and you can ignore those as the price is very low. This is a Highly Recommended Pull Out kitchen faucet.
If you are still not convinced, take a look at the Amazon customer reviews. You can see a lot of happy and satisfied customers.
It is always recommended to buy this faucet from the most trusted online retailer Amazon.com as you can get this faucet at a lower price.
5. Kraus KPF-2130
This is another great pull out kitchen faucet from Kraus. I have already written a detailed review of this faucet.
This is a top quality faucet from Kraus which is made of 100% solid stainless steel.
Such a solid faucet offers heavy duty performance and long durability as compared to other plastic spray head faucets.
The Kraus offers awesome customer service to their customers. If you got any complaints, you can easily contact them and get the replacement parts at no extra cost.
Talking about the Kraus KPF – 2130,
What I Like
- Made of heavy solid stainless steel and no plastic parts
- Works great.Heavy duty functionality
- Long durability as said by my friends
- Awesome Kraus customer service
- Well suited with my Kraus 36 inch Apron Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- You really get what you pay for
- This faucet is simply beefy, sturdy, sleek and of top quality
What I Don’t Like
- This faucet is little larger.So it may not look good in small sinks.
- Pull down hose do not have magnetic action.
The Kraus KPF-2130 is one of the top-rated pull out kitchen faucets available. You can ignore those minor drawbacks when compared with the heavy-duty performance of this faucet. The faucet is worth the money you pay.
Editor Rating : 4.6/5.
There are a lot of happy customers for this product and if you are still not convinced you can take a look at Amazon to read more reviews. I highly recommend this Kraus KPF-2110 pull out kitchen faucet.
Last update on 2022-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API